FLRI enlistments are only authorized in the first two quarters of the Fiscal Year.
(1) Basic eligibility requirements IAW AR 601-210 Chapter 2, with the following additional criteria:
(a) Be a high school diploma graduate.
(b) Be a non-prior service applicant.
(c) Attain an Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT) score of 21-30 on the ASVAB with a qualifying line score of 54 in the AO subtest. Applicants with a 31 AFQT or higher will be enlisted for any program they qualify for, to include those applicants required to attend the ESL training.
(2) FLRI applicants must be tested at the Military Entrance processing Station (MEPS) only. Mobile Examination Test (MET) Sites are not set up to administer the CAT ASVAB.
Note: TAPAS is required but do not need passing grade IAW SMOM 17-017.
(3) Take the English Comprehension Language Test (ECLT) or American Language Course Placement Test (ALCPT) at the MEPS and score between 40 and 74.
(1) Soldier will not initially be guaranteed training in any specific MOS/CMF.
(2) Soldier will not initially be guaranteed an assignment to any specific station, unit, command, or area. ARNG soldiers will be required to attend the ESL Program at one of two locations (Fort Allen, PR or Lackland AFB, TX) for up to 30 weeks based on current ECLT Score.
(a) Applicants living in Puerto Rico will in-process and attend ESL at Fort Allen, PR (only PR applicants enlisting as 09E). The GC will ensure that all PRARNG applicants accessing under the FLRI option reflects Reception Battalion of Fort Allen, PR.
(b) All other State or Territory applicants with a primary language of Spanish or any other primary language will access as a MOS of 09C1L00YY and in-process Reception Battalion at Fort Sill, OK prior to attending ESL at Lackland AFB, TX. The GC will ensure that all FLRI applicants accessing under the FLRI option reflects Reception Battalion at Fort Sill, OK.